The HallHook® is a permanent, secret and fail safe device that should be used when replacing a broken slate.
Product inventor Jimmy Hall, a slater and tiler for the past 45 years, couldn’t stand to see a beautiful slate roof covered in unsightly lead or copper straps. He had tried all the slate repairs on the market.
Some of the problems he encountered were:
- Lead or copper straps are unsightly and can weaken over time
- A blob of silicone is not a professional repair, it may only last weeks
- Plastic products are visible, unsightly and time consuming to install
- Some metal fixings are flimsy. Others take too much time, are awkward to prepare, and if wrongly prepared the head of the slate could slip off the upper batten.
- Fixing with a slate hook involves trimming the head of the slate, thereby losing some head lap (a building inspector may not accept this)
So after experimenting with all manners of ideas and devices, Jimmy solved the slate roof repair problem with the invention of the HallHook
REPLACE A ROOF SLATE WITH HALLHOOK®
- For general repair
- After solar panel bracket mounting
- After roof light/window installation
- After installing slate vents
Showing the single result